TODO list at end of May
May coming to a close, useful to take stock of where analysis is at as well as next steps.
I was cycling a good portion of May. The other parts were most focused on adding benchmark analysis needed for some Phoronix benchmark reviews and also some incremental tool additions.
As May comes to a close, following are done
- First level analysis of ~60 workloads with web pages created for each
- Phoronix published 10 articles that included benchmark runs. I went through workloads for these and created a chart of the Phoronix article. Focus on CPU, skipping graphics and some areas like filesystem performance benchmarks.
- Added “topdown” tool to show first and second level metrics and then selected metrics that folded into the third level
- Updated wspy performance metrics
This leaves multiple areas for further emphasis over the next month:
- Add some more “real world” codes to analyze. Top candidates are gromacs or openfoam
- Keep up with incremental phoronix articles including new benchmarks
- Look at creating a “topdown” that gives some key metrics on AMD Ryzen
- wspy breadth
- complete memstats and netstats
- handle nmi timer
- Architecture: measurements on tx1?
- Cleanups: e.g. create updated Phoronix inventory list, add some “about this graph”, update tests done early when tools didn’t create as much information
TODO list at end of May — No Comments
HTML tags allowed in your comment: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>